“To use our talents, skills and initiative in the integration of volunteer and staff efforts to carry out the Springer Opera House legacy.”
Volunteer Mission Statement
The volunteer program has been an integral part of the Springer Opera House since it was saved from the wrecking ball by a group of volunteers in 1964. Our volunteers provide vital support to our staff and serve as ambassadors for the Springer to the community. We recognize the importance of community involvement and stewardship and strive to include the community in our daily operations through volunteerism.
Become part ot the Springer family today! We have something just for you, including:
- Scene Shop – Help build sets! See your handiwork on stage!
- Administration – See the business side of the Springer!
- Costume Shop – Work as a dresser for shows. Or build costumes!
- Backstage Crew – Go behind the scenes – work on a Springer production!
- Usher – Be the first face patrons see before the show! Take tickets, assist and interact with patrons.
- Docent Program – Interested in the history of the Springer? Receive certification and give tours of this National Historic Landmark, the State Theatre of Georgia.
- And so much more!
Click here to see descriptions of our volunteer opportunities.
Benefits to volunteering:
- Work alongside industry professionals
- See your handiwork on stage
- Be an ambassador to the State Theatre of Georgia
- Annual recognition of service
How to sign up:
The Springer accepts volunteer applications throughout the year. Please fill out the Volunteer Information Form (click here to download) and drop it of at the Springer, or mail it to:
Springer Opera House
103th 10th Street
Columbus, GA 31901
For more information please contact:
Director of Community Outreach