The Springer Theatre Academy continues to offer classes even after summer is over! Classes during the summer focus on overarching skills: musical theatre, improvisation, voice and movement, scene study, and others. Our classes offered during the school year are more specialized and are always different… so be sure to check out our latest class offerings below! During Fall/Winter sessions, students can pick and choose which classes to take based on personal interest. Our Spring Break Academy session features a full-day rotation of classes themed around a different musical each year.
The Springer Theatre Academy offers the following class sessions during the 2019-20 school year:
Fall Academy: Saturdays, October 5, 12, 19 and 26 from 9am-2pm
Winter Academy: Saturdays, January 11, 18, 25 and February 1 from 9am-2pm
Spring Break Academy: March 30 – April 3 9am-5pm
Winter Academy 2019
Registration opens November 18, 2019
Students may take 1, 2 or 3 classes depending on age eligibility. Each class block costs $90. T-shirts may be purchased for $10.
Information and Policies:
- Payments can be accepted as cash, check, or credit card. All fully online registrations require credit card payment.
- A non-refundable deposit of $25 is required with registration. Without this, your place in the class is not reserved.
- Full payment is due on or before the first day of class.
- We accept registrations up to the first day of classes, based on availability.
- Academy t-shirts which are required dress code are available for purchase at check-in for $10.00.
- Upon registration and deposit, you will receive a confirmation email and balance statement.
- Drop-off and Pick-up will be at the Springer’s McClure Theater lobby on the 1st Ave. side of the building.
After School and Specialized Programming:
If your school is in the greater Columbus, Georgia area and you are interested in developing an arts integration program, specialized workshop or programming, or an after-school drama program, please contact the Springer Theatre Academy! Our core staff of certified teachers is here to work with you to develop programs and workshops that meet the needs of your school or organization.
To be added to our mailing list contact the Academy Office at 706-324-1100 or email email@example.com
The Springer Theatre Academy acknowledges generous support from the McClure Family Foundation, Pezold Management Companies, J.W. & Ethel I. Woodruff Foundation, Mildred Miller Fort Foundation, Publix Super Markets Charities, Altrusa, Community Spouses Club of Fort Benning, Columbus Cultural Arts Alliance and Georgia Council for the Arts.